The primary responsibility will be to ensure that the infrastructure is running smoothly within the data centre and customer operations.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of our storage, server, hypervisor and load balancer infrastructure. We are seeking a senior level expert with in-depth NetApp experience in an operational environment populated with Microsoft’s Hyper-V and VMware Hypervisors. This position requires extensive experience with performance monitoring, workload profiling, and capacity management, as well as being highly competent in storage and network management within a virtualized environment. Experience with Windows and Linux administration is expected.
Must be comfortable gathering information from multiple sources (i.e. from a backup admin, a server admin) and be able to relate it to the NetApp infrastructure (for example, how many VMs would fit in a datastore, how many times per day a snapshot would be taken) as a recommendation. Must be comfortable leading an effort by example.
- Support and daily administration of storage and hypervisor infrastructure.
- Proactively reviewing/auditing and reporting on the environment for error conditions and efficiency status.
- Being a key conduit working with NetApp and VMware Global Services for support calls.
- Providing support for storage and Hypervisor projects and solutions such as NSX, vCD, Zerto, backup and restore, disaster recovery, storage consolidation, data protection, and storage performance.
- Documentation – Create and maintain NetApp and Hypervisor storage infrastructure best practice documentation for the customer.
- Five (5) years of enterprise storage Administration experience.
- Proficient with all versions of Netapp OnTap and C.Dot.
- Experience with backup and AV for up virtual servers.
- Strong VMware diagnostic, troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Strong communication and documentation skills (e.g. Visio, wiki, etc).
- Citrix or ARX load balancer deployment and support.
- Experience managing and configuring monitoring for both physical and virtual infrastructure
- Exposure to Logic Monitor as monitoring tooling
- ServiceNow experience (CMDB, Discovery)
- Scripting (PowerShell)
- Automation tooling
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is desired.
- VMware Certified Professional – VCP6
- NetApp Certified (Current)
- Microsoft SQL, Exchange, OS certification
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone