This is a fixed term 12-month position on the basis to cover maternity leave.
Our rapidly expanding business is looking for a Commercial Manager to oversee day-to-day operations and win new business. The ideal candidate should be excited about the opportunity to identify, pursue and capture new business opportunities. The candidate should ideally have experience in financial and commercial management of projects, reviewing and putting together bids and negotiating and agreeing customer contracts. This role involves developing and managing the coordination of cross-functional teams with a variety of skills and experience. The successful applicant will have great communication, teamwork, leadership and analytical skills.
This role is an excellent opportunity to develop an expertise in Cloud computing and to hold responsibility for a commercial function.
- Support the sales team in the pricing, review and approval of commercial cloud solutions for bids.
- Analyse new and existing contracts for risks and opportunities, often worth millions of pounds.
- Communicate with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms in relation to commercial and financial aspects
- Assesses risks and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation.
The successful candidate will have some experience in relation to pricing/bidding in an IT or Telecoms environment.
The successful candidate may have some experience or interest in the following:
- Strong commercial awareness, strong stakeholder liaison and project management.
- Extensive understanding of the industry, flexibility and a talent for negotiation.
- Understanding of cloud services and technology industry.
- Advanced Excel skills, being able to write and understand complex formulas with some experience of macros and pivot tables.
- Being a commercial lead in the UK for Group developed cloud services and customer contracts.
- Knowledge of the ffunctioal workings of technical, legal and financial departments.
- Risk management, while facilitating efficiency and business growth.
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under tight deadlines.
Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum C GCSE Maths, higher level qualifications preferred
Workplace experience using Microsoft Excel to a reasonable level
Minimum 2 years IT or Telecoms industry experience, with data centre, managed services and telecommunications backgrounds preferred
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone