Bid Framework Manager – UK
Bid Framework Manager – UK
Leeds, Chesterfield or Glasgow.
About the position
Proact is Europe’s leading independent data centre and cloud services provider. By delivering flexible, accessible and secure IT solutions and services, we help companies and authorities reduce risk and costs, whilst increasing agility, productivity and efficiency. We’ve completed over 5,000 successful projects around the world, have more than 3,500 customers and currently manage in excess of 100 petabytes of information in the cloud.
You will have experience of strategic bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery and will provide detailed input to qualification, win themes and strategies, commercial decisions and solution delivery.
You will support the UK Sales Management team in organising and coordinating bid production and content capture into compelling bid proposals to drive business acquisition and retention. You will discover, respond and provide end-to-end delivery of public and private sector RFIs, RFPs and tender opportunities.
You’ll also need to be organised and good at planning, coordination and prioritisation. You will need proven bid management, production and completion experience as well as a history of successfully producing winning bids.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Accountable for the end to end identification and compilation of bid responses - adhering to best practice and take full ownership for all documentation pertaining to bids and the bid process.
- Development and overseeing of a database for previous responses and key information
- Chairing initial bid team meetings, briefing internal teams on bid
- Responsible for accessing the expertise of specialists from within Proact UK and Proact Group to effectively manage bid responses to agreed deliverables and timescales
- You will implement approved bid processes to deliver fully compliant bid responses, identify, assess and manage risks to ensure the bid response remains on track and in line with business process, including commercial and legal policies, in addition to industry regulation
- Manage the inbound requests from Proact’s direct frameworks in conjunction with sales management team
- Maintain and update Proact’s framework guide for internal use
- Maintain and control access rights to customer purchasing portals
- Build, develop and maintain all standard content for bid responses from stakeholders and business owners in the UK organisation
- Work through an environment of change and effectively lead a bid in a matrix or virtual team structure to successful completion
- Managing time effectively (for both yourself and others)
- Use excellent communication skills to build good relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Understand the overall Proact strategic direction and portfolio, and lead or assist sales teams in customising bid responses based on client needs
- Stay current with Proact as well as industry and competitive research and information to enable rich bid content; maintain an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets; demonstrate the knowledge to position and map Proact capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives in bid and tender responses
- Experience in developing and executing against sales strategies
- A minimum of 5 years B2B public sector sales or management experience
- Experience of national and devolved UK public sector frameworks
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting
- Extensive experience of public sector procurement regulations, bids, tenders and regulatory requirements
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Contributory Pension
- Private Health care with free pure gym membership
- Mobile phone
Proact gives you the freedom to make your own decisions, and with the support of an experienced management team, you can learn and grow.
Client Director / Sales & Marketing
In terms of developing skills and career opportunities, what Proact can offer is second to none. If you're prepared to push yourself and go that extra mile for the business, then it won't go unnoticed and you can move up the ranks very quickly. I feel what I have achieved in my time here so far would have taken double the time, if not more, if I worked elsewhere.
Technical Consultant / Technical