Commercial Manager – UK
Commercial Manager – UK
Proact is Europe’s leading independent data centre and cloud services provider. By delivering flexible, accessible and secure IT solutions and services, we help companies and authorities reduce risk and costs, whilst increasing agility, productivity and efficiency. We have completed over 5,000 successful projects around the world, have more than 3,500 customers and currently manage in excess of 100 petabytes of information in the cloud.
Our rapidly expanding business is looking for a motivated and experienced Commercial Manager to oversee day-to-day operations and win new business. The ideal candidate should be excited about the opportunity to identify, pursue and capture new business opportunities. The candidate should have several years of experience in financial and commercial management of projects, reviewing and putting together bids and negotiating and agreeing customer contracts. The successful applicant will have a track record of success in overseeing projects from inception to completion, and identifying and mitigating risks involved. This role involves developing and managing the coordination of cross-functional teams with a variety of skills and experience. The successful applicant will have great communication, teamwork, leadership and analytical skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serve as a commercial leader, focusing on the long-term interests and strategy of the business.
- Support the sales team in the review and development of commercial cloud solutions for bids.
- Analyse new and existing contracts for risks and opportunities, often worth millions of pounds.
- Develop risk management strategies, processes and prepare internal commercial reports.
- Communicates with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms, particularly a contract's commercial and financial aspects
- Assesses risks and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation.
- Be an experienced individual who has risen through the ranks of the IT industry.
- Have strong commercial awareness, strong stakeholder liaison and project management.
- Have extensive understanding of the industry, flexibility and a talent for negotiation.
- Develop an understanding of cloud services and commercially interpret the technology industry and technical standardisation of services.
- Have advanced Word, Excel skills, be able to write and understand complex formulas with some experience of macros and pivot tables.
- Examine company processes to make sure they stay relevant and makes recommendations for necessary changes.
- Be concerned with winning new business, exploring new avenues of activity and seeking opportunities that the company can exploit in its bid to develop and grow
- Be the commercial lead in the UK for Group developed cloud services and customer contracts.
- Be in close liaison with the technical, legal and financial departments.
- Be a leader in risk management, while facilitating efficiency and business growth.
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under tight deadlines.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum C GCSE Maths, higher level qualifications preferred
- High level of experience using Microsoft Excel
- Minimum 5 years IT industry experience, with data centre, managed services and telecommunications backgrounds preferred
- Degree level education preferred
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Contributory pension
- Private Medical Scheme