HR Officer – UK
HR Officer – UK
Proact is Europe’s leading independent data centre and cloud services provider. By delivering flexible, accessible and secure IT solutions and services, we help companies and authorities reduce risk and costs, whilst increasing agility, productivity and efficiency.
Proact is looking to recruit a HR Office within our Chesterfield office, the ideal candidate will have at least 4 years’ experience within a HR role/environment. This position will be to provide a proactive, confidential, HR support throughout Proact IT UK Ltd.
- The successful candidate will also be required to undertake other ad-hoc duties as instructed by the Head of HR.
- To give advice and guidance to employees and Managers on company policies and procedures.
- Update and develop HR policies, procedures and processes in line with best practice and legislation changes
- Be the first point of contact for all line managers on all employee issues and employment law queries.
- Resolving issues utilising and managing the disciplinary, grievance and performance management processes where necessary.
- Provide day to day HR support to all areas of the business face to face and via telephone on relevant policies and procedures
- Dealing with all aspects of HR Admin, including HR letters and recording annual leave.
- Ensuring that all HR documentation is organised and up to date, this includes personnel records on our internal HR System
- To be a main administrator for our internal HR system to ensure accuracy and confidentiality
- Support new starter induction processes including chase and completing references
- Support the leaver process
- Support the head of HR in a Variety of initiative and Projects
- Prepare timely HR Statistics and reports.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPD qualifications are an advantage but not necessity
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a HR officer or similar role
- Must have a good understanding of relevant employment law legislation
- Experience of independently managing disciplinary, grievance and performance related issues
- Experience of conducting formal meetings
- Experience of dealing with ER case work
- Experience of adding value and actively managing business-related projects and initiatives
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong IT skills: word, Excel and HR Systems
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong commitment to understanding Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Well organised and self-disciplined with great attention to detail
- Strong administrative and spreadsheet skills, excellent at producing correspondence and writing accurate documents
- You work with the highest level of discretion
- You are able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of staff within the organisation
- You are confident to express your opinions and thoughts whilst remaining respectful of others
- You have excellent people skills, and have a history of building strong relations with colleagues
- You prioritise your work load effectively in line with the needs of the business
- Your enthusiastic about the organisation and happy to go the extra mile for your colleagues
- You’re driven, motivated and take ownership of your role
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension
- Private Health care with free pure gym membership
- Mobile phone