Junior Service Delivery Manager – UK
Junior Service Delivery Manager – UK
Junior Service Delivery Manager
Proact is Europe’s leading independent data centre and cloud services provider. By delivering flexible, accessible and secure IT solutions and services, we help companies and authorities reduce risk and costs, whilst increasing agility, productivity and efficiency.
Proact is looking to recruit a Junior Service Delivery Manager within our Glasgow office. The role will involve providing support and development of the relationship between Proact UK and its customers, within a portfolio of small-medium customers, throughout the lifecycle of any project delivery and managed service contracts.
- To be responsible for the delivery of aligned managed services contracts during start up, through service commencement, and for the lifetime of the contracts.
- To own the relationship with and be the named primary contact for managed service customers in the aligned portfolio. To generate a relationship and trust with a customer that demonstrates you understand the service that should be delivered.
- To represent your customers within Proact UK; to drive change, service improvement and to manage risk to ensure a successful deliver of service within SLA.
- To contribute to the up-sell of additional services to the customer
- To own and be responsible for the agreed technical and service design in relation to the contracted services
- To work alongside the allocated project manager, transition manager and technical implementation resources in the transition into production of the contracted services
- To ensure conformance of service to the customer contract (reviewed on a monthly basis)
- To perform a service delivery review of all technical changes raised through a Change Advisory Board for the aligned managed services customers
- To provide regular service review reports covering SLA adherence and technical reporting
- To host service design workshops and service review meetings
- To create and regularly review service documentation including, but not limited to, the Service Operations Manual, Connection Diagram, Service Improvement Plans and Disaster Recovery (DR) documentation
- To schedule and execute DR tests and Data Restore tests in line with the customer contract
- To design and deploy a suitable monitoring framework for contracted services
- To be the named contact for each customer in the aligned portfolio
- To provide Capacity and Performance planning to both the customer and internal capacity planning processes
- To input to incident resolution, problem investigation and change planning / review for aligned customers
- To attend regular Change Advisory Board meetings, and other operational meetings as required by the Head of Service Delivery
- To ensure regular operational checks and activities are scheduled and completed
- To provide data and calculations for monthly billing processes, and to review completed billing schedules to ensure customers are correctly billed for services, and that licensing is properly reported and declared internally and to external vendors as required
- To review open incidents and problems for the aligned customers on a weekly basis, and ensure a resolution plan is in place to resolve these in an efficient manner
- To operate and maintain Continual Service Improvement plans for aligned customers
- To take part in cross departmental working teams as required to meet organisational objectives
- Implementation, service delivery and decommission of Proof of Concept (POC) services for new and existing customer and to be the point of contact and reporting for these customers
- To develop an understanding of Proact business and operational processes and best practices on an ongoing basis, within the Service Delivery department and across the wider business
- To develop customer services skills in regards to timely and effective communication, managing difficult situations and setting customer expectations.
- To learn new Proact services as they are released.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a computing or business related field
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification, or evidence of the relevant skills and knowledge
- Completion of a 2-year graduate programme within Proact OR
- Minimum 2-year experience in a role within technical or service management teams at another organisation
- Experience of drafting clear and comprehensive documentation to support technical and/or business processes
- Minimum 2-year experience of working within an ITIL service management framework
- Evidence of interest and a good level of skill in computing or other modern technology such as coding, web design or audio/video
- Experience of working in a multiple site environment
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and manage own time, with an organised approach.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, issues and risks across a number of customers to deliver services within SLA using resources across multiple teams
- Ability to follow documented procedures
- Problem-solving abilities
- A high level of attention to detail
- Understanding of business issues that may affect delivery of projects and solutions
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability and willingness to communicate in a clear manner to customers and the business
- Self-motivation, independent-mindedness and ability to use initiative to highlight issues and propose new/different solutions
- Ability to identify and highlight potential new opportunities to sales team
- Ability to deal with varied situations with limited guidance
- Ability to work successfully with a wide range of people
- Willingness to adapt positively to change
- Willingness to travel as required
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours, as required
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension
- Private Health care with free pure gym membership
- Mobile phone