Network Team Leader – UK
Network Team Leader – UK
Proact Managed Cloud Services provide infrastructure and cloud services to customers in the UK and across Europe. The infrastructure services provide IaaS, WANaaS, DRaaS, BaaS and a wide range of remote monitoring and management products including storage, network and hypervisor. The network connectivity between Proact’s customers and data centres provides an essential service to support our service portfolio.
To provide a highly available network service 24x7 a dedicated network team provide LAN, WAN, and IP transit and software defined network services to our customers. The Network Team Leader is responsible for the delivery of these services and the day to day leadership of the network team.
As well as team leadership this position requires experience with Cisco and Juniper technologies, and working in a busy support environment. A minimum of a CCNP/JNCCIP (or equivalent) qualification is essential and at least five years hands on experience across routing, switching and firewall technologies.
Statement of Job Purpose
- Managing a small team of network engineers.
- Managing and Coordinating Incident, Change and Problem Queues for the Network Team.
- Providing architecture and design direction for the growth of the network.
- To coordinate network activities with other MCS teams such as Infrastructure, Monitoring or Backup.
- To coordinate incidents and changes with the service desk team and support the development of network triage within the 1st and 2nd line team.
- To ensure the team are rota’ed to provide 24x7 on call support.
- To regularly review individual’s performance and skills, coach the team to be more proficient in each activity and skillset.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Host the Daily Network Ops Meeting and Prioritise Work.
- Work with the Resource Coordinators and Project Managers to schedule project tasks.
- Maintain and Upgrade Systems to maintain a secure and bug free environment.
- Deploy and Maintain monitoring tools to ensure health performance and capacities on devices and communications links.
- Manage Operational Activities (to include, but not limited to Health Checks, Build standard reviews etc)
- Peer review of design documents to ensure they are fit for purpose and can be resourced with appropriate skillset
- Work with third parties to maintain adequate bandwidth on links.
- Work with internal purchasing teams to maintain support and breakfix on network devices.
- Perform configuration management audits as required.
- Provide monthly RAG reporting on network performance and capacity.
- To work with the Service Desk and Service Delivery Managers to improve operational efficiency of the network team through process improvement.
- Actively driving technical resolution of incidents & escalate to vendors when required.
- Raising problem tickets on the back of repeat/troublesome incidents.
- Escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Documentation of knowledge base articles or troubleshooting steps for separate teams.
- Root cause analysis on technical incidents.
- Expertise in Cisco ASA, Nexus and Juniper VCF technologies.
- Good understanding of BGP and MPLS configuration and troubleshooting.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing business needs and priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Driving process improvement through the development of a network change catalogue.
- Able to produce documentation to a high standard.
- Cisco Firepower IPD/IDS & Palo Alto
- Operating in a PCI regulated environment.
- Experience of VMware or Hyper-V platform networking requirements.
- Experience of IP Storage networking requirements.
- Experience of working on a multi-tenant platform.
- Experience of working with IPv6.
Common Requirements for all Posts
- To work within the framework of Proact IT UK Ltd’s policies and procedures, ensuring that your work furthers the core values and objectives.
- To undertake Health and Safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post, at all times having regard to your own and others' health and safety.
- To provide excellent customer and client care in dealings with staff, clients and members of the public.
- To contribute to the development of a professional working environment within Proact IT UK Ltd
- To have a commitment to your own development and a willingness to undertake relevant training opportunities.
- To have a flexible approach to work in order to meet deadlines.
- To perform any other reasonable duties in consultation with your line manager.
- Participate in 1 in 5 on-call work.
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension
- Private Health care with free pure gym membership
This job description is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances.