Public Sector District Sales Manager – UK
Public Sector District Sales Manager – UK
Public Sector District Sales Manager
Proact is Europe’s leading independent data centre and cloud services provider. By delivering flexible, accessible and secure IT solutions and services, we help companies and authorities reduce risk and costs, whilst increasing agility, productivity and efficiency. We’ve completed over 5,000 successful projects around the world, have more than 3,500 customers and currently manage in excess of 100 petabytes of information in the cloud.
We strive to become the world's most trusted IT service partner, enabling business innovation and growth for our customers. We build relationships with our customers, deploying highly skilled people and world-class technologies in order to provide flexible solutions and services that rapidly generate lasting value.
We employ over 800 people in 15 countries across Europe and North America. Founded in 1994, our parent company, Proact IT Group AB (publ), was listed on Nasdaq Stockholm in 1999 (under the symbol PACT).
As Proact continue to grow we are now seeking to fill a senior public sector sales management position that is responsible for growing a developing a number of sales people in the public sector in the UK. Managers should have experience of Client Facing, Networking/ Business Development and a need to succeed within Managed Services.
As a sales manager you will organise, coach and lead a team of sales representatives to work towards agreed sales targets. In this job you’ll be using your management skills and enthusiasm to motivate others. You’ll also need to be organised and good at planning. You will need proven public sector sales experience and management skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of running an efficient sales team, including hiring, supervising, coaching, disciplining, and motivating direct-report sales team members.
- Reaches the assigned sales targets and strategic goals of the District
- Focuses on selling combinations of Contractual/Cloud Services, Hardware Products, Professional Services and Support into net new accounts, verticals or geographies for Proact
- Focuses on maintaining and increasing Contractual/Cloud Services, Hardware Products, Professional Services and Support into Proact’s existing accounts, verticals or geographies
- Builds well targeted business plans and strategies for allocating resources and driving sales activities to achieve margin; collaborates within Proact to prioritise, facilitate and direct the use of resources
- Assists in account planning sales strategy; manages the internal processes in support of sales reps and selling activities; aligns leads and tactical account plans with overall Proact strategy; actively develops and manages business plans to meet margin goals; develops plans that articulate the strategies/requirements essential for focusing sales activities, forecasts accurately and communicates sales progress; actively manages and signs off on account development plans through scheduled reviews and updates
- Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines (using Salesforce) to ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities; manages the size, shape and quality of pipeline; analyses overall win rates and win/loss ratios
- Commercially accountable for profitability maximisation, e.g. Balancing cost of sale with return, Product Structure and maximising deal registration
- Reviews deals to ensure soundness and problem-free processing by Proact internal operations
- Orchestrates the development of strategic sales plans that reflect Proact’s business strategy, to advance market share/penetration, and achieve profitable margin growth
- Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralise competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions
- Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of high and low performers
- Models effective selling skills; motivates and supports sales teams in selling; demonstrates a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals
- Sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force
- Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a sales team through transitions beyond their control
- Understands the overall Proact strategic direction and portfolio, and can assist sales teams in customising solutions based on client needs
- Coaches team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for Proact; prepares for client calls and meetings in partnership with sales teams and supports the efforts of the team during client meetings; ensures sales teams have access to other Proact resources and encourages them to nurture relationships with client influencers and decision maker
- Stays current with industry and competitive research and information to enable rich client dialogue; maintains an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets; demonstrates the knowledge to position and map Proact capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
- Typically manages 8 or more Sales Representatives or combination of Sales Reps and others depending on functions managed.
- Recruits, hires, and develops associates, utilising company human resources guidelines and support resources
- Responsible for end to end people management - including appraisals, reviews and performance management
- Experience in developing and executing against sales strategies
- A minimum of 5 years B2B public sector sales or management experience
- Experience of national and devolved UK public sector frameworks
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting
- Extensive experience of public sector procurement regulations, bids, tenders and regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable
- Positive and enthusiastic
- A valid driver’s license
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Contributory Pension
- Private Health care with free pure gym membership
- Mobile phone