Support Consultant – Belgium
Support Consultant – Belgium
Proact is Europe’s largest datacenter solution provider and cloud specialist. With over eight hundred employees and 3,500 customers in fifteen countries, Proact not only provides infrastructure solutions, but also the corresponding security, support, consultancy, financing and management. We are Europe’s largest managed cloud service provider. Customers entrust us with the management of over 100 petabytes of critical business information, distributed across datacentres of customers and our own datacentres. We are also partner to a number of leading Public Cloud providers, which enables us to always provide our customers with a proper solution.
We have our own Operations Team, which provides our customers 24x7 Proact Premium Support and Management. We support over 3,500 customers across Europe, using local teams for this. For the Netherlands and Belgium we have a Dutch-language service desk with an ability to escalate to local engineers on the Operations Team, but also to international teams of experts. Our customers have one designated local contact, with competent, skilled and certified engineers, who can support and manage products from various suppliers. Not only do we speak the language of our customers, we also know the infrastructure of their datacentres.
We are looking for a 1st-line consultant to join our Benelux Operations Team, to be based at our office in Diegem, Belgium. In the position of 1st-line consultant you will share responsibility for supporting our customers in solving support-based incidents. The Support Consultant will independently perform standardised management activities. Proact offers an independent position with extensive customer interaction. You will be involved with the daily operations process, where you will gain a lot of knowledge and experience and you will also participate actively in projects to support our project consultants. You work in a young, dynamic team with short lines of communication. Growing to become a project consultant is one of the career possibilities in this position.
You will be involved with daily support and management processes, in which your primary tasks will consist of:
- performing standardised management works (operational activities);
- monitoring and following notifications from our monitoring systems;
- performing standard changes.
- detecting delays of ongoing incidents and requests for change in timely fashion;
- frequently notifying customers about the status of ongoing incidents or changes;
- maintaining accurate records of incidents, changes and operational activities, also spare parts management and logistics (dispatch of parts)
- providing support with internal logistic and administrative works activities;
- bearing primary responsibility for customer satisfaction regarding our provision of services;
- supporting the Project Team with the implementation of new solutions according to knowledge and skill.
You have a service-minded attitude, you are result-driven and eager to learn. Besides this, you are interested in, or have knowledge of server & storage infrastructures, operating systems and networking. We obviously appreciate good initiatives and your own input. You will then soon discover that Proact is an efficient organisation.
A successful performance of the tasks requires compliance with the following:
- affinity with IT;
- a completed ICT education;
- knowledge and experience in one or more of the fields below is preferred
- Windows and server management,
- Storage (NetApp and/or EMC),
- Virtualisation and operating systems;
- strong analytical and problem-solving ability;
- customer-focused, stress-resistant and a sense for quality and detail;
- eager to learn and always in search of development and possible solutions;
- ability to perform well within a team;
- accurate, creative and solution-oriented;
- proper communicative and social skills, both orally and in writing in Dutch, French and English;
- prepared to perform stand-by services;
- category B driving licence.
A great job on a team of motivated professionals, with the opportunity to grow together with our ambitious organisation. You will be working in a pleasant atmosphere and have the chance to continuously work at the frontier of new and appealing technologies. This is set against an excellent package of pay and employee benefits. The salary will depend on your level of education and work experience.
Every 6 months, we will discuss your options and ambitions in a performance and assessment review. We invest in our staff, for example in the form of level-raising training programmes and courses on specific subject matter or geared towards personal development. This will benefit you individually and our organisation as a whole. In the first place, advancing to a higher position will mean you will have more responsibilities, but also the content of your job may change entirely. We encourage you to seize every opportunity you are presented with and show initiative in this regard.
If you believe you have it in you to work for a prominent, proactive organisation, then send your CV and a letter motivating what it is that makes you proactive to the Human Resources department.