Support Consultant – Netherlands
Support Consultant – Netherlands
Proact is Europe’s largest storage integrator. With over 800 employees and 3,500 customers in 15 countries, Proact not only provides storage and converged infrastructure solutions, but also the corresponding support, consultancy, financing and management. We are also the largest managed cloud service provider in Europe, with over 100 petabytes in managed data distributed across datacentres of the customers and our own datacentres.
We have our own Operations Team, which provides our customers 24x7 Proact Premium Support and Management. We support over 3,500 customers across Europe, using local teams for this. For the Netherlands and Belgium we have a Dutch-language service desk with an ability to escalate to local engineers on the Operations Team, but also to international teams of experts. Our customers have one designated local contact, with competent, skilled and certified engineers, who can support and manage products from various suppliers. Not only do we speak the language of our customers, we also know the infrastructure of their datacentres.
We are looking for a 1st-line Junior Beheer & Support Consultant to join our Benelux Operations Team, to be based at our office in Utrecht, the Netherlands. In the position as 1st-line Consultant you will share responsibility for management of the customer environments and support our customers in solving management & support incidents. The Junior Beheer & Support Consultant independently performs standardised management activities and besides this will also serve as a first point of contact for our customers in taking, registering and monitoring the incidents. In case of incidents, the Junior Beheer & Support Consultant provides for the first problem analysis and makes an effort to solve this independently, or else will escalate the incidents to our 2nd-line team. Proact offers an independent position with extensive customer interaction. You will be involved with the daily operations process and gain a lot of knowledge and experience in this position. You work in a young, dynamic team with short lines of communication. Growing to become a Senior (2nd-line) Management & Support Consultant is a career possibility.
You will be involved with daily support and management processes, where your tasks will primarily consist of:
- performing standardised management work activities (operational activities);
- monitoring and following up reports from our monitoring systems;
- performing standard changes;
- taking, registering, monitoring, coordinating and closing incidents & changes;
- solving 1st-line incidents or escalating to 2nd- / 3rd-line Management & Support Consultants;
- timely interruption of outstanding incidents & requesting change;
- frequently informing our customers of the status of outstanding incidents or changes;
- maintaining accurate administrative records of incidents, changes and operational activities;
- providing support in internal logistic and administrative work activities;
- bearing primary responsibility for customer satisfaction with our provision of services.
You are an IT specialist with at least 1 year of relevant work experience, with a service-minded attitude and you are result-driven and eager to learn. Besides this you are interested in or have knowledge of server & storage infrastructures, operating systems and networking.
We obviously appreciate good initiatives and your own input. You will then soon discover that Proact is an efficient organisation.
A successful performance of the tasks requires compliance with the following:
- you have successfully completed a university of applied sciences degree programme in ICT;
- you have (thorough) knowledge of operating systems (Windows, VMware), networking and standard applications (Microsoft) and server & storage infrastructures;
- you have at least 1 year of relevant experience within a service organisation;
- you have a strong analytical and problem-solving ability;
- you are customer-focused, stress-resistant and have an eye for quality and detail;
- you are eager to learn and always in search of developments and possible solutions;
- you are able to perform well within a team;
- you are accurate, creative and solution-oriented;
- you have proper communicative and social skills, both orally and in writing in Dutch and English;
- knowledge and experience with support and management processes would be an asset.
- you are prepared to fulfill stand-by shifts.;
- a certificate of good conduct is a requirement;
- category B driving licence.
A great job on a team of motivated professionals, with the opportunity to grow together with our ambitious organisation. You will be working in a pleasant atmosphere and have the chance to continuously work at the frontier of new and appealing technologies. This is set against an excellent package of pay and employee benefits. The salary will depend on your level of education and work experience.
Every 6 months, we will discuss your options and ambitions in a performance and assessment review. We invest in our staff, for example in the form of level-raising training programmes and courses on specific subject matter or geared towards personal development. This will benefit you individually and our organisation as a whole. In the first place, advancing to a higher position will mean you will have more responsibilities, but also the content of your job may change entirely. We encourage you to seize every opportunity you are presented with and show initiative in this regard.
If you believe you have it in you to work for a prominent, proactive organisation, then send your CV and a letter motivating what it is that makes you proactive to the Human Resources department. Email: email@example.com.