Technical Service Delivery Manager – UK
Technical Service Delivery Manager – UK
Proact is Europe’s leading independent data centre and cloud services provider. By delivering flexible, accessible and secure IT solutions and services, we help companies and authorities reduce risk and costs, whilst increasing agility, productivity and efficiency. We have completed over 5,000 successful projects around the world, have more than 3,500 customers and currently manage in excess of 100 petabytes of information in the cloud.
Statement of Job Purpose
- To provide support and development of the relationship between Proact UK and its customers, within a portfolio, throughout the lifecycle of any project delivery and managed service contracts.
- To be technically responsible for the design and operation of live services of aligned managed service customers.
- To develop and upsell additional managed service offerings to existing managed service customers within the aligned portfolio.
- To ensure that all SLAs and contractual obligations are fulfilled in their entirety for aligned managed service customers.
- To contribute positively to the achievement of Proact’s overall values and objectives
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the delivery of the managed services contracts during start up, through service commencement, and for the lifetime of the contracts.
- To own the relationship with and be the named primary contact for managed service customers in the aligned portfolio. To generate a relationship and trust with a customer that demonstrates you understand the service that should be delivered.
- To represent your customers within Proact UK; to drive change, service improvement and to manage risk to ensure a successful deliver of service within SLA.
- To contribute to the up-sell of additional services to the customer
- To own and be responsible for the agreed technical and service design in relation to the contracted services
- To work alongside the allocated project manager, transition manager and technical implementation resources in the transition into production of the contracted services
- To ensure conformance of service to the customer contract (reviewed on a monthly basis)
- To input to technical design of new and changed services
- To perform Quality Assurance review of all technical changes to the infrastructure that supports the contracted services
- To provide regular service review reports covering SLA adherence and technical reporting
- To host service design workshops and service review meetings
- To create and regularly review service documentation including, but not limited to, the Service Operations Manual, Change Templates, Service Improvement Plans and Disaster Recovery (DR) documentation
- To schedule and execute DR tests and Data Restore tests in line with the customer contract
- To design and deploy a suitable monitoring framework for contracted service
- To be the named contact for each customer in the aligned portfolio
- To provide Capacity and Performance planning to both the customer and internal capacity planning processes
- To input to incident resolution, problem investigation and change planning / review for aligned customers
- To attend regular Change Advisory Board meetings, and other operational meetings as required by the Head of UK Service Delivery
- To ensure regular operational checks and activities are scheduled and completed
- To provide data and calculations for monthly billing processes, and to review completed billing schedules to ensure the customer is correctly billed for services
- To review open incidents and problems on a weekly basis that effect customers, and ensure a resolution plan is in place to resolve these in an efficient manner
- To work with customers to evolve and deliver new services to ensure the environments are supported and bring new business into the organisation
- To contribute to the work of the Continual Service Improvement of managed services for customers
- To take part in cross departmental working teams as required to meet organisational objectives
Common Requirements for all Posts
- To work within the framework of Proact’s policies and procedures, ensuring that your work furthers the core values and objectives
- To undertake Health and Safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post, at all times having regard to your own and others' health and safety
- To provide excellent customer and client care in dealings with staff, clients and members of the public
- To contribute to the development of a professional working environment within Proact
- To have a commitment to your own development and a willingness to undertake relevant training opportunities
- To have a flexible approach to work in order to meet deadlines
- To perform any other reasonable duties in consultation with your line manager
- From time to time you may be required to undertake some cross site working
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Contributory pension
- Private Medical Scheme