Proact are a MSSP (Managed Security Service Provider) operating security services throughout Europe. Proact provide SIEMaaS, Vulnerability Intelligence, and Assessment, and Anti-Phishing services from our SOCs in Glasgow and Chesterfield for both our customers and managed services environments.
This is a rare opportunity for a battle-hardened SOC Manager to join and manage our Security Operation Centre (SOC). You will shape and oversee the monitoring, investigation and resolution of network security, security incidents and to identify malicious activity.
You will also work with the broader Managed Services team to promote and improve security best practice approach to working, Including contributing to operational standards and processes and working with the SOC engineers in deploying and maintaining security toolsets within the managed services environment.
You will need to be flexible in your working hours as your team, Security Operations, are working 24×7
The role includes:
- To manage, guide and develop the SOC team
- To work along side managed services teams to improve security operations
- To meet group operation targets of logging and scanning in scope devices
- Develop and support development of response procedures
- Customer satisfaction of Security services delivered to internal and external customers
- Ensuring smooth operation of SOC and continually refine processes
- Manage Incident Queues to meet Service driven SLAs
- Manage an established team of talented Security experts
- Experienced in Incident Management and Cyber-attack response
- 10 years’ experience in security management and toolsets, hands-on experience of SIEM and VA products
- 5 years’ experience leading a large, fast paced Security Operations Centre/SOC
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber defensive techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
- Experience in threat and vulnerability management
- Development and implementation of security operations procedures within IT operational teams.
- Knowledge of various operating system and technologies including but not limited to Microsoft, Linux, VMWare, NetApp, Azure, AWS, Cisco, Juniper
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders and customers
- Excellent Analytical, Problem solving and Interpersonal skills
- IT Security-related Degree/Certification, or IT degree with Security module
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skill
- Ability to communicate with extremely competent technical teams
- Experience of writing operational standard and processes
- Solid attention to detail and ability to spot anomalies
- CISSP or CISM security certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone