Proact Managed Cloud Services provide infrastructure and cloud services to customers in the UK and across Europe. The infrastructure services provide IaaS, DRaaS, BaaS and a wide range of remote monitoring and management products including storage, network and hypervisor.
To provide highly available SLAs and a 24×7 service a dedicated monitoring and configuration management team provide the tooling and service telemetry of Proact hosted and remote customer data centres to our service desk and infrastructure operations teams. The service desk provide response based 24hr coverage for events from our monitoring tools.
The individual is responsible for the stability and functionality of the monitoring tools deploying within Proact and the accuracy of the data that they provide. Exposure to LogicMonitor is highly preferable.
Statement of Job Purpose
- This position requires extensive experience with performance monitoring, workload profiling, and capacity management, competent in storage and network management within a virtualized environment.
- Have a working knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems and associated Microsoft Applications (Exchange and SQL in particular), as well as experience with management and distribution of critical updates and hotfixes.
- To provide comprehensive monitoring and configuration management of assets within Data Centres and Customer environments.
- Experience of deploying and supporting AV solutions to ensure maximum protection. Including but not limited to McAfee, Trend, Sophos or Cylance.
- The configuration and management of WSUS or other patch management tools.
- To contribute positively to the achievement of Proact IT UK Ltd’s overall values and objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be comfortable gathering information from multiple sources (i.e. from a backup, server, storage, network admin or service owner) and be able to relate it to the infrastructure to ensure assets are adequately monitored and secured.
- To maintain the strategic monitoring platforms within the Proact infrastructure.
- To maintain the patching and anti-malware platforms within the Proact infrastructure.
- Perform configuration management audits as required.
- Own the monitoring and the asset update systems to ensure systems are covered by monitoring framework and are protected and up to date.
- Actively driving technical resolution of incidents & escalate to vendors when required.
- Raising problem tickets on the back of repeat/troublesome incidents.
- Escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Undertake training outlined by line manager in direct relation to job responsibilities.
- Documentation of knowledge base articles or troubleshooting steps for separate teams.
- Root cause analysis on technical incidents.
Common Requirements for all Posts
- To work within the framework of Proact IT UK Ltd’s policies and procedures, ensuring that your work furthers the core values and objectives.
- To undertake Health and Safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post, at all times having regard to your own and others’ health and safety.
- To provide excellent customer and client care in dealings with staff, clients and members of the public.
- To contribute to the development of a professional working environment within Proact IT UK Ltd
- To have a commitment to your own development and a willingness to undertake relevant training opportunities.
- To have a flexible approach to work in order to meet deadlines.
- To perform any other reasonable duties in consultation with your line manager.
- Participate in 1 in 5 on-call work rota.
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone
This job description is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances.