Proact Managed Cloud Services provide infrastructure and cloud services to customers in the UK and across Europe. The infrastructure services provide IaaS, DRaaS, BaaS and a wide range of remote monitoring and management products including storage, network and hypervisor. We have an opening for a “Linux” (Redhat/Centos base) fluent infrastructure engineer who has managed medium to large infrastructure deployments in on-premise and cloud hosting environments.
As well as a Linux expert you will also need experience in storage, monitoring, backup and network services to support the data centre and open systems environments. This position requires extensive experience with performance monitoring, workload profiling, and capacity management, as well as being highly competent in storage and network troubleshooting within a virtualized environment.
It would also be advantageous to be able to administer VMware and Windows environments.
You will work in the infrastructure configuration and management team to develop, deploy and maintain standard infrastructure images for servers, and associated infrastructure services such monitoring, patching, storage, security and backup. You must be comfortable gathering information from multiple sources (i.e. from a backup admin, a server admin) and be able to relate it to the data centre infrastructure (for example, how many VMs would fit in a datastore, how many times per day a snapshot would be taken) as a recommendation. Must be comfortable leading a small project from start to finish.
- Support and daily administration of operating systems, hypervisors, and storage environments.
- Develop and maintain secure operating system images for deployment within Proact and Customer environments.
- Proactively review, audit and report on the environment for error conditions and performance issues.
- Being a key conduit working with NetApp and VMware specialists during incidents and problem resolution for Linux platforms.
- Providing support & maintenance as part of a larger team for Proact Managed Services such as IaaS, DRaaS, BaaS & Remote Management of On-premise infrastructure.
- Documentation – Create and maintain operating system and Hypervisor storage infrastructure best practice documentation for the customer.
- Five (5) years of enterprise operating systems administration experience.
- Linux administration & Patching (RHEL, Foreman, Kaleto)
- Experience with different backup and AV products in an enterprise or service provider environment.
- Experience of working with hypervisors such as VMware, Hyper-V or open source equivalents.
- Strong communication and documentation skills (e.g. Visio, wiki, etc).
- Citrix or Another load balancer deployment and support.
- Experience managing and configuring monitoring for both physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Proficient in NetApp Storage Systems
- Exposure to Logic Monitor as monitoring tooling
- ServiceNow experience (CMDB, Discovery)
- Scripting (Shell, Perl, Python)
- Automation tooling
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is desired.
- Linux Redhat/Centos Certified.
- Linux advanced system administration.
- VMware Certified Professional – VCP6.
- Any storage certification (NetApp preferred).
- Backup Certification from Veeam, Netbackup, Commvault (or Other)
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone