Proact Managed Cloud Services provide infrastructure and cloud services to customers in the UK and across Europe. The infrastructure services provide IaaS, DRaaS, BaaS and a wide range of remote monitoring and management products including storage, network and hypervisor. Our MCS Backup Engineers are responsible for the operation, maintenance and enhancement of our backup products using Veeam and Commvault technology.
We have an opening for a Veeam Backup and Replication engineer to join our backup team and take ownership of our increasing Veeam Backup and DR Services. You will be responsible to make sure we are meeting our contractual SLAs and deliverables for our backup and replication jobs.
This is a challenging yet rewarding technical position with a focus on delivering customer excellence for our backup services. You will have the opportunity to learn and cross skill in Commvault Simpana and help support the larger backup team with our enterprise backup services.
You will be comfortable with remote operation, maintenance and upgrade of backup infrastructure; You will have a well-developed and time-proven core of IT skills coupled with an in-depth understanding of the underlying theory is therefore essential. These skills will be leveraged through the implementation of new service deployments, service improvements and troubleshooting – all while planning and implementing technical changes through ITIL-driven change control.
- Monitor and maintain backup/replication jobs, performance, and media storage levels.
- Executing restore requests, for customers over multiple systems and environments.
- Liaise with Service Delivery Managers and third parties in order to resolve issues, plan and carry out changes to the backup services.
- Troubleshoot 4th line technical problems, identify and implement workable solutions, keeping key parties informed of progress and resolution.
- Proactively identify re-occurring problems and suitable mechanisms for minimising these, documenting all configurations.
- To keep abreast of developments in IT in order to enhance existing services and future developments.
- Manage incident and changes within the backup team.
- Three years of backup Systems Administration experience in an enterprise or service provider.
- Experience of Veeam Backup and Recovery.
- Experience with backup for VMware, MS SQL Server, NetApp, Exchange and SharePoint.
- Strong communication and documentation skills (e.g. Visio, wiki, etc).
- Skilled in monitoring / diagnostic tools and technologies with a focus on Backup platforms.
- Core skills/knowledge must include a sound understanding of TCP/IP & UDP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6), fundamentals of network routing & firewalling, DNS, NTP etc.
- Knowledge of ancillary services such as authentication mechanisms (Kerberos/NTLM/LDAP/TLS & SSL etc).
Three of the following required.
- Experience of Veeam Cloud Connect.
- Experience of Veeam o365 backup.
- Experience in Enterprise Backup and DR Technologies (Commvault, Veeam, Netbackup, Zerto).
- Strong skills/knowledge in MS Server 2016/2019 and associated Active Directory methodologies.
- Strong skills/knowledge in Linux distributions such as Centos, Ubuntu and Others.
- Strong skills/knowledge in Microsoft SQL, MS Exchange or MS Hyper-V.
- Previous Experience in a Service Provider environment, or
- Hands on experience in a large IT environment. (multi-national / multisite)
- Previous ITIL and SLA based support experience.
- Previous experience taking part in technical escalations
- Proven ability remaining calm and thinking clearly during challenging technical issues.
- Commvault, Netbackup, Networker
- Microsoft SQL, Exchange
- OS certifications
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone