A MCS Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of our multitenant infrastructure and services. We are seeking a systems expert with operational experience with Microsoft technologies, Linux Operating Systems, Hypervisors and Storage platforms. This is a technical ‘hands on’ challenging position that requires a multitude of skills. Your skills will be put to use in new service deployments, service improvements, troubleshooting and planning and implementing technical changes. This is an ideal opportunity for a skilled IT engineer to make their mark in the cloud.
– To work with technical colleagues in the MCS team deploying new technology and services for customers.
– Liaise with Service Delivery Managers and third parties in order to resolve issues, plan and carry out changes to customer services and infrastructure.
– Troubleshoot 4th line technical problems, identify and implement workable solutions, keeping key parties informed of progress and resolution.
– Proactively identify re-occurring problems and suitable mechanisms for minimising these, documenting all configurations.
– Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or to resolve complex problems.
– To keep abreast of developments in IT in order to enhance existing services and future developments.
– Three (3) years of enterprise Systems Administration experience required
Three of the following required:
– Qualified in VMware ESXi (or many years of experience)
– Expert in leveraging NAS and SAN storage. (Particularly Netapp and vSAN)
– Expert in Load Balancing with Citrix Netscaler.
– Expert in MS Server 2008/12, AD, SQL and Exchange
– Expert in Enterprise Backup (Commvault, Veeam, Zerto)
– Security and automation in virtual environments (Trend DSM or Vmware NSX/Orchestrator/vDirector)
– Previous Experience in a Service Provider environment.
– Hands on experience in a large IT environment. (multinational / multisite)
– Previous ITIL and SLA based support experience.
– Previous experience taking part in technical escalations
– Proven ability remaining calm and thinking clearly during challenging technical issues.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
– Redhat certified
– Microsoft Certified
– Citrix Certified
– Vmware Certified
– Netapp Certified
– 25 Days annual leave
– Contributory pension
– Private Medical Scheme