Proact MCS is a leading provider of managed virtualisation and storage solutions in several Data Centres in the UK and western Europe. We are seeking a Networks Analyst to join our team delivering a high-quality data communication infrastructure that underpins our overall service delivery.
We are after highly motivated candidates who can operate on at least a CCNA/CCNP level, and who are looking towards developing their skillsets. In return for delivering a great work ethic and buckets of enthusiasm you will be able to work on a variety of technologies in a service provider environment, including Cisco (Switching, routing, ASAs, Firepower, Nexus), Juniper, Palo Altos and network automation. In addition, you will be surrounded by a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers who will shape and mould you in their own vision.
A relevant Master’s degree in a networking related field and any operational experience would be highly advantageous. There are several training and career opportunities ahead of you in this role, as this is a precursor to our more senior network engineer and network consultant roles, and the rest of the company including our security operations centre.
- Investigating, analysing, and resolving network incidents, problems, and changes with a focus on the company operational workload.
- Working on the higher volume BAU tickets (Adds/moves/changes) and assisting with the “in-depth” fixes with senior colleagues
- Installation and configuration of new switches and firewalls.
- Regular maintenance of existing infrastructure.
- Monitoring and management of network performance.
- Engaging in projects to provide network related feedback.
- Participate in out-of-hours rota.
- Highly motivated with can-do attitude.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Current Cisco CCNA/CCNP qualification or equivalent juniper certifications (JNCIA JNCIS JNCIP)
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting ASA firewalls, including IPSec VPNs, Or Experience with Junos for Juniper switches, routers and firewalls. You must be highly motivated to learn these technology areas as a minimum.
- A solid understanding of all layers of the OSI model.
- An awareness of data centre security standards and modern cyber threats.
- Comfortable with command line tools such as Telnet/SSH.
- Able to produce documentation to a high standard.
- Operational ASA knowledge, as well as experience with next generation firewalling products.
- Comfortable with aspects of routing/switching concepts.
- 1-2 years working operational experience, or a passion for learning new tech.
- Experience of working in a team environment.
- Incident handling and change management experience using ITIL procedures.
- Comfortable with Linux, network automation concepts and next generation firewalls.
- One year’s industry experience or, Master’s degree desired.
- Current Cisco CCNA/CCNP qualification or, JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP.
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone