Proact Managed Cloud Services provide workspace and cloud services to customers in the UK and across Europe. The services provided include Workspace, IaaS, DRaaS, BaaS and a wide range of remote monitoring and management products including storage, network and hypervisor.
The Modern Workspace Specialist (Microsoft) acts as the technical lead in delivering managed services under the modern workspace banner. You will work in the service operations team to provide remote support of customer desktop platforms including liaising with hardware vendors on hardware issues and maintenance activities:
- Creation and Maintenance of Desktop Images.
- Deployment of New and Updated desktop images via Intune and Autopilot.
- 3rd line Technical Issue Resolution.
- Configuration and Deployment of Microsoft Automation tools.
- Configuration of M365 technologies .
- Training and Enablement – Technical and End User.
The role requires a proactive mindset and a desire for continual improvement of skills and knowledge, the pace of change in the Microsoft Modern Workplace is fast and the role always requires up to date knowledge.
The role offers the right candidate a chance to join a highly skilled support and managed services team and establish themselves as the Microsoft expert. Learning opportunities from working alongside strong datacentre skills, cloud skills and Citrix workspace skills offers many options for advancement of knowledge.
The following responsibilities form the core of the workspace specialist (Microsoft) roles and are expected to be proactively adhered to throughout employment.
- Maintain Subject Matter Expert status in Microsoft Modern Workplace Technologies
- Continual development of best practices around Microsoft Stack
- Customer focussed management of incidents & service requests to the satisfaction of the business ensuring that they are closed within SLA
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Develop Process and Procedure for Managed Services
- Automation of tasks for deployment, management and monitoring
- Proactive management of Proact infrastructure:
- Coaching and education of 1st / 2nd line in daily admin tasks
- Developing desktop management using Microsoft EndPoint Management
- Developing the processes to manage the desktop image
- Improve the way that applications are monitored and managed
- Identification of problems, weaknesses & risks across the estate
- Identification of service improvements
- Proact Business Continuity support – Including the support of DR tests & the highlighting of any single points of failure
- Extensive knowledge and experience of desktop management using Microsoft Endpoint Management (intune & Autopilot)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of delivering all Microsoft 365 technologies, configuration and implementation
- Administration and governance of MS Teams / Azure AD
- Windows Server configuration, administration and troubleshooting
- Active Directory – detailed knowledge of design and dependencies on M365
- Network administration skills LAN & WAN
- Experience of coaching and developing individuals
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Delivering VIP support
- Proactive and logical approach to problem solving
- Strong customer focus
- Right first-time approach
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks under pressure
- Resilience: The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Initiative to take control of the architecture and drive an issue forward to resolution
- Must possess and maintain a passion for technology and a keen interest in cutting edge industry products and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication style
General Responsibilities to Role
- Enter all work as service tickets in ITSM.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ITSM as they occur.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ITSM.
- Maintenance of documentation of all procedures together with knowledge base updates for other supporting functions
- Understand processes in ITSM by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ITSM University
- Action and drive resolution of service tickets when assigned to 3rd line workspace specialist around Microsoft technologies
- Write and review change requests as required as part of the CAB process
- Maintain knowledge and experience in Microsoft Workplace technologies
- Define best practice process and procedure around Microsoft Workplace technologies
- Drive automation and optimization around Microsoft Workplace technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified
- Citrix Certified
- VMware Certified
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone