Ready to test your knowledge with our seven-question summer IT trivia quiz? Take a quick break and see how your answers measure up! Answer key provided after question 7.
1. We’re all familiar with phishing. But which of this attack’s variants refers to “A highly targeted phishing attack – aimed at senior executives – masquerading as a legitimate email” (definition provided by the NCSC)?
a. deep phishing
b. spear phishing
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the ten layers we recommend in our layered approach to ransomware defence?
a. USB management
b. Security training
c. Update and configuration
3. According to recent IDC statistics, what percentage of organisations targeted by ransomware attacks ended up paying the ransom?
4. The majority of organisations report using ___ tools to monitor their IT environments.
5. According to a 2021 report, what percentage of enterprises have already adopted a hybrid cloud strategy?
6. What was the name of the java logging framework vulnerability that affected millions of systems in late 2021? (See more about Proact’s reaction to this here).
7. What is the primary mode of entry for ransomware?
a. USB drives
b. Phishing emails
c. Remote Desktop Protocol