The primary responsibility will be to technically lead complex deployments and install and configure Proact’s core solution technologies both on customer site and within Proact Datacentres
Proact’s Professional Services Consultants are responsible for the installation and maintenance of customer and managed services storage, server, hypervisor, and networking infrastructure.
We are seeking an expert with in-depth experience of Proact’s core product areas, including NetApp, Pure, VMware and server technologies. The successful candidate will have worked in a similar role or have experience in an operational environment populated with the above systems. This position requires experience with design, data migration toolsets, performance monitoring, workload profiling, and capacity management, as well as being highly competent in storage and networking within a virtualized environment. Experience in technically leading complex projects, working with project managers, solutions architects and customers is required.
Must be able to work on your own or as part of a team, capable of collating information from multiple sources (sales and technical architecture teams as well as customers). Must have experience in leading complex technical projects. Must be willing to travel UK wide and work away from home. Must be comfortable in sizing infrastructure in-line with the vendor’s best practice whilst considering the customers’ requirements. Must be comfortable leading by example.
In addition to the above the successful applicant would be expected to carry out the following: –
- Production of detailed designs
- Design and installation, upgrades and administration of storage and hypervisor infrastructure
- Design and implementation of data protection technologies
- Carry out healthchecks / audits and documenting the findings
- Documentation – Create and maintain build documentation, best practice guides and reports that can be both internal and customer facing
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Full UK driving license
- Five (5) years of enterprise storage administration experience.
- Proficient with all versions of Netapp C-Mode
- Experience with at least one major backup vendor
- Strong VMware diagnostic, troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Strong communication and documentation skills (e.g. Visio, wiki, etc).
- Proficient in using Microsoft Windows
- Basic networking knowledge
- Understanding of Cloud technologies such as Azure / AWS
- Presenting in front of peers and customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- NetApp NCDA and NCIE
- VMWare VCP
- Pure Certification
- Microsoft Certification
- AWS or Azure Certification
- Backup vendor certification
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone