We are looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer preferably from a Managed Service Provider or Professional Services background with a passion for technology and innovation. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be professionally presented and have a natural ability to support and maintain a portfolio of high-quality clients with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.
Due to continued success we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate to join our Product Support Group. As a Customer Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing both onsite technical support and field services such as server installations, equipment moves and remote hands work.
You must be able to demonstrate initiative and have excellent lateral-thinking and problem-solving skills with a strong will to make a difference.
A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
You will have a natural flair for tech and like to provide robust service delivery to our clients, thrive in a dynamic environment, prioritising and multi-tasking effectively, as well as problem solving whilst providing excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills.
Capable of spotting opportunities to refine and improve processes and service. Can communicate effectively with clients and third parties both face to face and over the phone, in a friendly and highly confident manner demonstrating excellent internal and external customer communication skill. You are flexible and adaptable – excited by new ideas and/or technology and keen to pick up and work with new initiatives.
- Manage onsite technical matters
- Manage stock items and returns of defective parts.
- Work with our custom built ITSM tool
- Fault diagnosis, troubleshooting and repairs
- Cover an on call rota of 1-2 weeks
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to an extensive client base.
- Install, move and maintain IT and communications systems in line with specifications to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met.
- Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation.
- Prioritise and manage workload to ensure contractual SLA’s are met.
- Provide efficient customer service to a vast client base.
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience providing technical support for a Managed Service Provider / IT team
- Data centre experience
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Must have experience of swapping computer components
- A full driving licence is essential
- Must be flexible to work some evenings and weekends
- The role is based in Coventry and you must live within a 30 minute drive
Desired Skills and Experience
- NetApp, Cisco, HP and DELL technologies
- Experience of console access using putty/telnet
- Networking technologies including LAN/WAN
- Installing/configuring IT equipment
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone
- Company vehicle and fuel card