Our Security Engineers are skilled and experienced individuals, with a broad range of IT knowledge, covering mainstream products, and with expertise in Cyber Security
Working within Security Operations, they are involved in all aspects of security and expected to know security standards, architecture, cyber defence analysis and techniques to work with our Managed Cloud Services team and within the delivery of Managed Security Services to our customers
The Security Engineer is expected to have strong interpersonal skills, to work within teams which have strong technical competence, and with directly with customers. Having strong leadership skills while being able to solve complex IT problems, ability to make sound decisions based on strong justification, negotiation/influence and analytical skills.
- Responding to and defending against cyber security attacks
- Strong technical understanding of a broad range of technologies, including Linux, Microsoft, NetApp, VMWare, Cisco, Juniper etc
- Hands-on, under-the-bonnet knowledge of SIEM, Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-Malware technologies
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to lead the response to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Evaluate the impact to the organisation of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research. Coordinate responses as necessary across affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
- Recognise, adopt and instil the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, threat intelligence.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
- Fulfil regular on-call responsibilities.
- Technical Design reviews and approvals
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 4+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- 4+ years of demonstrated Information Technology experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
- 3+ years experience on a Security Operations team or Support team with a focus on Security, especially experience coordinating responses to security issues.
- Proficiency in at least one high-level coding language.
- 5+ years or more of demonstrated experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone