The primary responsibility will be to technically lead complex deployments and install and configure Proact’s core workspace solution technologies both on customer site and within Proact Datacentres.
Proact’s Professional Services Consultants are responsible for the installation and maintenance of customer and managed services Citrix and Microsoft Workspace solutions.
We are seeking an expert with in-depth experience of Proact’s core product workspace areas, including Citrix and Microsoft technologies. The successful candidate will have worked in a similar role or have experience in an operational environment populated with the above workspace solutions. This position requires experience with design, performance monitoring, workload profiling, and capacity management, as well as being highly competent in a virtualized hypervisor environment. Experience in technically leading complex projects, working with project managers, solutions architects and customers is required.
Must be able to work on your own or as part of a team, capable of collating information from multiple sources (sales and technical architecture teams as well as customers). Must have experience in leading complex technical projects. Must be willing to travel UK wide and work away from home. Must be comfortable in sizing workspace solutions in-line with the vendor’s best practice whilst considering the customers’ requirements. Must be comfortable leading by example.
In addition to the above the successful applicant would be expected to carry out the following: –
- Production of detailed designs
- Design and installation, upgrades and administration of Citrix and Microsoft Workspace solutions
- Carry out healthchecks / audits and documenting the findings
- Documentation – Create and maintain build documentation, best practice guides and reports that can be both internal and customer facing
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Full UK driving license
- Expert knowledge of Citrix products including but not limited to:
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop (XenApp / XenDesktop)
- Experience in Microsoft products including by not limited to:
- Strong experience in virtualised environments (preferably VMware).
- Strong communication and documentation skills (e.g. Visio, wiki, etc).
- Basic networking knowledge
- Understanding of Cloud technologies such as Azure / AWS
- Presenting in front of peers and customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Citrix Certified
- Microsoft Certification
- AWS or Azure Certification
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 days Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone